Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Behind the Scene - Blog's editor:



Erica Borges
Graduate Diploma in Dance with honours, University of Limerick
Certificate in Dance/Drama, Inchicore College Dublin
Certificate in Community Dance, Laban Guild
           
I am an Irish-based dance Artist whom likes to engage with my cultural background to what is current, aiming to create spaces where the body may tell its own story. I believe dance encourages us to stay rooted in our bodies as we act, decide, and participate in the world, so my art transpires from the personal.
I am principal and dance teacher of Laois Dance Academy, artistic director of Laois Youth Dance Ensemble and have been honoured to be funded by Laois Arts Office in the past 4 years to teach dance in Laois  primary and secondary schools.
Since 2013 I have been working as director of Laois Dance Platform. An event to celebrate and promote dance in County Laois.
In October 2014 I was in dance residency as part of Tipperary Dance Platform with Iseli-Chiodi Dance Company, under the mentorship of the French choreographer Hélène Cathala.

No comments:

Post a Comment